Monday, August 8, 2011

Pretty neat internet shopping helper I discovered yesterday...

So I've been on the hunt for some of those flameless candles ever since we put our patio set in the backyard. I thought they would be cute out there. Usually my go to shopping site is Amazon, but they didn't have a huge variety so I decided to see what else was out there. I love comparison sites and I found Become.com it's set up pretty similar to some other comparison sites but I think it offers quite a few extra features (like coupons!!) that other sites don't have. I also like that there is a mobile app available for iPad and with talks of one in development for iPhone and android, it's only going to get better!
Well, like with most things, a simple search for candles turned into a search for bookcase storage baskets. I've been looking for cute ones of a certain particular size forever and sure enough I found a couple options to choose from. This led to a search for bunching tables and a ton of other things. Their lists are very well populated and offer a ton of options, not just paid ads by the bigger retailers which I really appreciated. I also didn't get search returns with a TON of eBay results which happens pretty often with other sites and gets frustrating.
My next bigger purchase is going to be a new PC laptop and since there are a ton of options out there I think I'll be using Become.com again when the time comes. I already did search just to take a quick look at my options and I like that the computers were grouped by type with the selection of available stores underneath. I could also narrow the search by screen size, company and even color. The site also features shopping guides and product reviews which I'm sure will come in handy since I am really up in the air about which laptop I want.
If you get a chance you should check it out, they may just be able to help you next time you're scouring the internet for good deals! What other sites do you guys use??


2 comments:

Meagan said...

Wow thanks for sharing that site! It is definitely a huge help! :)

MsAngelStarr said...

No problem! Glad it will come in handy! Your latest post was pretty great too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...