Friday, November 4, 2011

Identity Hawk

A site was brought to my attention this week that I think is a great idea... It's called IdentityHawk. It's comprehensive identity theft prevention. They monitor everything from instances of your social security number popping up where it shouldn't, to monitoring your credit scores, to keeping track of security breaches that could affect your accounts. They even back it up with free  $1,000,000, zero-liability identity theft insurance.   Pretty impressive if you ask me.
I used to always joke that with all the debt I had and my lack of credit, I'd love for someone to steal my identity! However, now that my credit has improved and I have things worth protecting maybe it's something to look into. I feel like I am pretty safe when it comes to the information I share and all of my internet shopping is done through Paypal whenever I can. I can't control or keep track of third party breaches though and I sure don't have a million dollars to cover any damages that identity theft would cause. Might be nice to have someone looking out for me... I feel like every other day I see stories on the news about people who were victimized. I can't even imagine what I would do in that situation! Has anyone else used or considered an identity theft protection service? They are giving a free 30 day trial and I'm seriously considering trying it out...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...