Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Annoying Neighbor


Guest post of the week by Val Flores
A new neighbor moved in across the street from us, and she is kind of annoying. I know I should be welcoming and sweet to her, but I just don’t have the time for her nonsense. She comes over unannounced a few times a week, and asks me for help all the time. The other day she came over to ask me how she can get direct tv in Garland Texas, and then would not leave. I am friendly with most of my neighbors, but we have all known each other for years, and they are all busy most of the time too. This lady is taking friendly to a new level. I know her husband works a lot, and she is probably just lonely, but I have three kids and a husband to worry about. When I get home from work the last thing I want to do is hang out with her for an hour. I have asked a few of the other neighbors on our street about her and they say she does the same thing to them. I hope that I don’t have to have an awkward conversation with her about this problem. Hopefully she will take the hint when I don’t invite her in the next time she comes over.

1 comment:

Tee-iabo Designs said...

LOL! Sometimes you just have to flat come out and tell people the truth! Tell her in a calm, but direct way that you can't engage in long conversations or help her all the time because quite frankly its family time & me time when you get home from work. ...and that on the weekends you need to spend time catching up on stuff that you can't do during the week. If she doesn't understand that then tell her "Lady get a life because I have one and you're not apart of it" lol Hope you can get this situation under control.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...