Saturday, March 2, 2013

I wish this had been an option when I enrolled in school!!

As most of you know already, I'm in school full time (online) getting my Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management. It took me forEVER to decide what to major in and even longer to pick a school. Once I figured all of that out, I had a slight panic attack when I thought about how long it'd been since I was last in school (hint: Class of  '97). I consider myself to be pretty intelligent, but I worried that wouldn't be enough. Was I prepared to jump back into student life?
My personal solution was to spend about 40 hours on various free tutoring sites. I watched lectures and did practice work and took a million practice tests to brush up on some skills. In truth, I probably overdid it. I drove myself nuts preparing to enter college. Well, I just stumbled upon something that might have been a lifesaver for me, if I'd known about it earlier. Were you guys aware that there are programs specifically developed to help you prepare for things like college admissions? I knew about SAT prep, but this was entirely new to me! Veritas Prep is a good example of a test preparation and admissions counseling program. They offer prep courses for both GMAT and SAT. They also have college and mba admission counseling. I'm still undecided about continuing on to a Master's program when I finish school, but if I do I'm definitely going to look into these programs. I think they could save me a ton of time, frustration and needless worry. If anyone here is thinking about school, you may want to check them out too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...