Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Need help with translations? Try these guys first!

Unfortunately, my dreams of one day learning a language aside from English have yet to be realized. After three years of French in middle school, all I remember is words for food, swears and very basic conversational phrases (i.e. My name is..., Where is the bathroom?). I've picked up a handful of words and phrases from a few other different languages, like Spanish, Chinese and Italian, but I'm not the slightest bit fluent in any of them. I swear one day I will buckle down and learn Spanish, since people often assume that I can speak the language and I live in a very diverse neighborhood.

Anyway, in the meantime, I often come across things that need translating. I'm sure you've all realized by now that search engine translation like Google translate or Babelfish are rarely reliable. Sure, you can usually get the gist of what someone is saying, but quite a bit gets lost. When you're dealing with larger documents, the search engine option is pretty useless. So, in these instances, the best thing to do it to work with a translation service or translation agency.


One of the best international translation services I've come across so far is Rosetta Translation (http://www.rosettatranslation.com/). They are an international translation agency, headquartered in London. They offer translation services for every major language and specialize in legal, medical, technical and financial translation. This is particularly helpful because these documents are often the hardest to translate and require the most accuracy. If you want to check them out, you can upload a document and get a free quote right away! If you try them, be sure to come back and tell me what you think! I love hearing about other people's experiences with companies that I like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...