Monday, June 2, 2014

What we've been up to.

As of three weeks ago, Aurora has her very own, all-to-herself big girl bedroom. It was a pretty grueling process and it took much longer than I expected, but I am thrilled to say that it's done and I'm super happy with the results. Aurora is pretty pumped too! One of the things I'm the most proud of is that almost all of the furniture in Aurora's room was refinished furniture that may have otherwise been thrown away. The most I paid for anything in the room was $70 for the toddler bed a year and a half ago. The next is $50 for the curtains (I HAD to have them for her) and $20 for the dresser. Everything else was $10 or under! Here's a peek at the process and the results!
Aurora's ruler growth chart, thanks Pinterest!

Dresser - before

A before picture of our old shared bedroom

Dresser- after!

Nightstand - before (with my secret weapon liquid sandpaper!)

Nightstand - after!

This one I'm really proud of. This is an old sawhorse support... 
And this is a sawhorse support turned into a bookcase!

Aurora's cool flower lamp.

Awesome textured wallpaper. Still unsure whether or not I'll be painting it pink.


Hello Kitty decal wall and play table.

Aurora's new reading corner. Still hunting for the perfect fluffy chair.

Closet wall.

Bed and nightstand.

Dresser, Aura's framed pictures, Hello Kitty clock.
 
Play table. Got this for $5 but it needed a total overhaul. 

The infamous $50 curtains. Totally worth it, right?!

2 comments:

Erin Grants said...

This is so cool! I love the color pattern! It's obvious that she LOVES it!

FirstComesBaby said...

Aw thanks so much! She really does!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...