Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our weekend: (a little late) Art festivals and a baby shower!

This weekend there were art festivals in both Providence (where we live) and Pawtucket (which is close by and where we go every week for baby yoga)! We stopped by the Providence one first because it was close to home. It's times like these that I fall in love with my city all over again. During the warm weather months we have events like this just about every weekend and everyone comes out for them. I've lived in other cities where the community wasn't nearly as established. Providence really is a small-town city. Everyone knows everyone and, even if it gets annoying sometimes, there is a great deal of comfort to be taken in that. This particular Providence Art Festival has become a twice a year event. One of the main streets downtown (which ironically was a pedestrian mall or an outdoor shopping area in the 60s) is completely blocked off and vendors and artists set up booths, food trucks come out and bands play.
I bought an adorable (and very nerdy) bib from one of these vendors for only $3.00!
I'll be sure to post a picture soon!
We attempted to go to the arts festival in Pawtucket afterwards but it was $10 just to get in and I really couldn't justify it after coming from such a great one that was free. So we just took a long walk instead and then headed home. I realized that I didn't take a picture of Aura's outfit so I tried to rectify that once we got back. This was the best I could get, she was on the move the minute I put her down! I wish you could see the glittery silver shoes!!
Then on Sunday we went to a baby shower for my friend K.B. who is having a little girl in October. It works out well because she gets to have Aurora's hand-me-downs since they will be in the same season. Strange the things you don't really think about before you have a baby. I always had this idea that hand-me-downs were universal... it wasn't till I got a bunch of 6 month sized winter coats that I realized that wasn't the case at all. Not at first anyway... but baby V. lucks out and Aura's things will fit at the right time!
When we got there Aurora reunited with her friends from Mayhem (a party that K.B.'s family has on Memorial Day weekend every year). She loves other kids and they love her and my arm loves a break from carrying her so it was a win-win-win situation!!!

Then Aurora took advantage of the big giant backyard (which we unfortunately don't have) and crawled all over it the place!
When we got home, she had her new favorite meal: organic whole wheat elbows with organic (from frozen) shelled and halved edamame. When she was younger I tried giving her pureed edamame and it was the only thing she turned her nose up at after a spoonful but if she can grab them and shovel them in it's a different story... she LOVES them now. Just goes to show you, don't give up on a food just because you got a bad reaction once. You never know, they may love it a different way!!
See?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks like she had so much fun!! I love glittery shoes for babies! It is so much fun, especially when they love them too! My daughter has many issues and is very languaed impaired but one of her fist words and phrases were "I need Channel" which was our perfume!! She is really adorable and so happy!! You are doing such a great job with her!! Have fun!!

FirstComesBaby said...

Aw that's cute! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...